The Environmental Managers Association of British Columbia (EMA of BC) is excited to announce our annual Workshop for 2018 (Thursday March 1, 2018 at SFU Segal Building 500 Granville Street). Our focus this year is to bring together members and guests for a full day of discussion and networking on topics related to Exploring an Integrated and Collaborative Environmental Management in British Columbia. A network of experts from across many sectors will engage in exciting discussions related to the challenges and successes that arise when a diverse group of professionals must work together and share large quantities of information to achieve collective environmental management goals.
Here’s a sneak peak of the topics we’re lining up:
Panel A: Discussion Developing Solutions for Collaborative Construction Management and Environmental Monitoring
– Caroline Astley – Biologist and Project Manager, Hemmera
– Andrew Duthie – Senior Manager of Mining and Infrastructure, Hatfield Consultants
– Daniel Kelly – General Manager, Seven Generations Environmental Services Ltd.
– Trisha Merriman – Biologist and Project Manager, Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd.
Panel B: Discussion Exploring a Multi-Party Approach to Environmental Management
– Dr. Paul Mitchell-Banks – Principal, Central Coast Consulting
– Tiffany Murray – Director of Community and Regulatory, Steelhead LNG
Speaker Session 1: Collaborative Amendments to Environmental Management Regulations in BC
• Review of the Professional Reliance Model
Leon Gaber, Project Director – BC Ministry of the Environment
• Environmental Assessment Revitalization
Speaker 2 – British Columbia Environmental Assessment Office
• Collaboration on the Amendments to the Fisheries Act and Riparian Areas Regulation
• A Review of the Spill Response Regime – Has it Lived up to its Expectations?
Speaker Session 2: Emerging Ecological Challenges in BC
• Natural Disasters in BC – Proactive and Collaborative Planning and Management
• Collaborative Approaches to Ocean Protection and Noise Management in BC
Leslie James- Manager of Environment, British Columbia Ferry Services Inc.
Additional speakers TBD
Also happening at the workshop: judging of the Environmental Innovators Award Academic Poster Competition, sponsored by Royal Roads University.
Please consider becoming a Workshop Sponsor!
Please stay tuned, as more details are coming soon!