EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
Register before January 25, 2018 and SAVE $100!
Environmental Managers’ Association of British Columbia
Exploring an Integrated and Collaborative Approach to Environmental Management in British Columbia
Thursday March 1, 2018, SFU Segal Building (500 Granville Street)
Panel A Discussion
Developing Solutions for Collaborative Construction Management and Environmental Monitoring
Caroline Astley – Biologist and Project Manager, Hemmera
Andrew Duthie – Senior Manager of Mining and Infrastructure, Hatfield Consultants
Daniel Kelly – General Manager, Seven Generations Environmental Services Ltd.
Trisha Merriman – Biologist and Project Manager, Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd.
Panel B Discussion
Exploring a Multi-Party Approach to Environmental Management
Dr. Paul Mitchell-Banks – Principal, Central Coast Consulting
Tiffany Murray – Director, Community and Regulatory, Steelhead LNG
Speaker Session 1: Collaborative Amendments to Environmental Management Regulations in BC
– Review of the Professional Reliance Model
Leon Gaber, Project Director – BC Ministry of the Environment
– Environmental Assessment Revitalization
Speaker 2 – British Columbia Environmental Assessment Office
– Collaboration on the Amendments to the Fisheries Act and Riparian Areas Regulation
– A Review of the Spill Response Regime – Has it Lived up to its Expectations?
Speaker Session 2: Emerging Ecological Challenges in BC
– Natural Disasters in BC – Proactive and Collaborative Planning and Management
– Collaborative Approaches to Ocean Protection and Noise Management in BC
Leslie James – Manager of Environment, British Columbia Ferry Services Inc.
Speaker TBD – Prince Rupert Port Authority
Additional speakers TBD
Also happening at the workshop: judging of the Environmental Innovators Award Academic Poster Competition, sponsored by Royal Roads University.
Please consider becoming a Workshop Sponsor!
Stay tuned, as more details are coming soon!